If I'm having a bad day, someone else is having one that's worse. If I'm sick, someone else is sicker. If I'm frustrated by an obstacle, someone else is nervous about a bigger one. If I have too far to drive, someone else has a longer trip. If I don't like my weight, someone else is frustrated that they more lbs to lose. If I have too much housework, someone else has a larger house to clean. If I don't feel I have enough room in my house, someone else fits more people into a smaller one. If I'm in a tizzy about a relational problem, someone else has one that is more dramatic.
So, since my problems are smaller than other peoples', I should consider myself blessed, smile every day, suck it up and be happy.
Not.
I still have frustrations. Anything that can be deemed a challenge or obstacle in my world is just that in my life. Others might want to tell me that my "problems" don't matter because they have bigger ones. They seem to think that since I don't have their circumstance, my life is carefree. No, it just means that they can't see my life through my eyes. They aren't walking in my shoes.
"I should consider myself blessed, smile every day, suck it up and be happy," simply because God is there and knows all about the issues in my life, not because I'm better off than someone else.
Just because I know that, doesn't make it easy.
Well, yeah, we should count our blessings, and that does help put things in perspective and please God. And we can always find someone who has it worse in whatever aspect of our lives is challenging us, but the trials we have are real and they are the ones that are particularly trying to us! I think we are being refined in those areas where we need to be refined! For example, my circumstances force me to acknowledge my lack of patience. So I need to pray my way through interactions with some people. I think of it as "borrowing" a good dose of patience from the One who has an inexhaustable supply! God is so good. He loves us! It's amazing!
ReplyDeleteHope tomorrow is an easier day. See you soon!
Love, Laurie
Psalm 138:8 - The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me; thy mercy O Lord, endureth forever; forsake not the works of thine own hands.
Psalm 37:24 - Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.
John 16:33 - These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world.
Diane, got your Christmas letter. Wow, all four in the Guard. Tried locating Fran on FB and was unable. If you would want to be friends with Sherry and me, we are at "BraytonCabby Back". Talk to ya soon. Cabby
ReplyDelete