Make sure Anna's bridesmaid dress fits,
Make sure I have a dress that doesn't clash,
Make sure all the prep work for the wedding cake is ready for Fran to work with,
and plan and execute a rehearsal dinner.
No more, no less. Ok, maybe there is more, but if I haven't prepared my son for this phase of life, it's too late now! You can see him here sharing a campfire with us, but you can tell his mind is not here; it's on the two days and 20 or so hours until he and his bride are married.
The projects are many, and the friends coming alongside to share the load are abundant!
I've learned that others enjoy helping so they can feel like they've been a part of it.
The bonus is that the person needing the help can put their feet up occasionally.
This evening in the back yard was an evening to relax and let Anna relive/show off her new WILD skills. She felt right at home making supper over the fire. She'd being doing that for a month straight and loved it. We enjoyed the result!
Weddings can be stressful. I wish it weren't that way. I wish expectations weren't so powerful. As much as we want it to be an amazing time, those expectations can get in the way and make the preparation hard. It's a struggle. It reminds me of the chryslis I saw the other day at the Botanical Gardens. Monarchs don't just happen. They start out as a worm; worms aren't exactly beautiful. Somehow, though, they go through this long process and struggle. Before you know it, out from that ordinary cacoon bursts forth a beautiful butterfly.
Happy Marriage, my son. You and your beautiful bride.


No comments:
Post a Comment