Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Operation Christmas Child, To Give or Not to Give.

1. This opinion is largely liberal and since I'm more conservative I decided I can ignore most of it, however, there are good points to be considered. The comments add a lot to the discussion.

2. This one mirrors the first one, but is shorter, and therefore has fewer insults to Christians or others filling boxes.

3. Good and bad in this one too. Not quite as insulting.

4. This is a response to the article in point 1. It seems more balanced in it's analysis.

5. This article is refreshing and simple. It might convince me to start doing it again.

6. This woman has been overseas when children received shoeboxes. It says a lot more than all of the others.

A child's smile. A child knowing that someone in America cared enough to create a box of gifts for them. I don't know, I just think that's worth it. It's a gift. It happens to have helpful things like school supplies and hygiene items as well, but its a gift. It isn't hurting anyone. It's sharing love. Yes, there are probably other things we could do, to share love, and some of us do. Why, though, must we avoid gift giving just because there are other things to do that seem more missionary-like. When I give my kids, and now my grandkids, gifts at Christmas, all I know is that I love them and I want to show them. All year I do that with hugs, outings, time together, etc and so on, but on christmas, I can give them gifts that they don't necessarily need, but will put smiles on their faces. Smiles. I like smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment